HPMC is made of etherified highly pure cotton cellulose as a raw material under alkaline conditions. It is a white or off-white powder.
Mainly used as thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, film-forming agent in the field of cosmetics, medicine, food and chemical products.
The Chinese Pharmacopoeia stipulates that "the content of methoxy (-OCH3) should be 19.0% to 30.0%, and the content of hydroxypropoxy (-OCH2CHOHCH3) should be 4.0% to 12.0%.
Solubility: soluble in water and some organic solvents, such as ethanol / water, propanol / water, dichloroethane, etc. The solubility in water is not affected by PH value. The aqueous solution has surface activity, high transparency and stableperformance; solubility changes with viscosity, the lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility ;
With decrease of content of methoxy group, gel point of HPMC increases, water solubility decreases, and surface activity also decreases.
HPMC also has the thickening ability, salinity, low ash content, PH stability, water retention, dimensional stability, excellent film-forming properties, and extensive resistance to enzymes, dispersion and adhesion.
Method Of Dissolutio
1. Can be added by dry-blending
2. Thickening by using the normal temperature aqueous solution within 10-90 minutes, it is best to use the cold water dispersion type.
3. Ordinary types are stirred and dispersed with hot water at first, and then dissolve by added cold water, stirring and cool.
4. Agglomeration or wrapping occurs during dissolution because of insufficient stirring, and it should be stirred quickly at this time.
5. If bubbles are generated during dissolution, you can leave it for 2-12 hours (the specific time is determined by the consistency of the solution) or vacuum, pressurization, etc., or you can add an appropriate amount of defoamer.
our company as a HPMC hydroxypropyl methylcellulose Supplier ,if you need that pls contact us.