Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, also known as hypromellose and cellulose hydroxypropyl methyl ether, is made from highly purified cotton cellulose as a raw material and specifically etherified under alkaline conditions.
The main purpose:
1. Construction industry: As a water-retaining agent and retarder of cement mortar, it makes the mortar pumpable. Used as a binder in plaster, gypsum, putty powder or other building materials to improve application and prolong operation time. It can be used to paste ceramic tiles, marble, plastic decoration, paste reinforcement, and reduce the amount of cement. HPMC's water-retaining properties prevent the paste from cracking because it dries too quickly after application, enhancing the strength after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing industry: widely used as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic products.
3. Coating industry: as thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in coating industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. As a paint remover.
4. Ink printing: as thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
5. Plastic: used as forming release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
6. Polyvinyl chloride: Used as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride. It is the main auxiliary for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
7. Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products industry, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industry.
8. Pharmaceutical industry: coating materials; film materials; speed-controlling polymer materials for sustained-release preparations; stabilizers; suspending agents; tablet binders; tackifiers